The liver is an organ that fulfills a multitude of roles, from storing the vitamins and minerals that are vital for the human body to producing various proteins and to eliminating toxins, therefore liver health is essential for our overall health. Our diet plays a crucial role in maintaining healthy function – here are some of the foods are the best for the liver:
- Berries – the antioxidants that give berries, especially blueberries and cranberries, their vivid color can protect against liger damage and they can even slow down the development of liver lesions;
- Beetroot juice – the nitrates and antioxidants found in beetroot can efficiently reduce inflammation and other forms of oxidative damage in the liver;
- Cruciferous vegetables – broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage and bok choy are just a few examples of the cruciferous vegetables that are beneficial for the liver due to their ability to increase the levels of detoxification enzymes;
- Nuts – they are high in calories, but they also contain lots of nutrients that are very good for the liver, such as vitamin E;
- Fatty fish – the omega-3 fatty acids contained in fatty fish, such as salmon, efficiently reduce the fat as well as the triglyceride levels in the liver. Incorporating these type of foods will help keep visits to the liver cancer doctor with great results, and keep you healthy.