If you thought the past decade was big news when it came to medical technology, you might be surprised to find out that the innovation just keep coming. Following are 5 of the most important new innovations in health care that are already becoming prevalent in 2023:
- Probably the most important development in the field of technological medicine was the improvement of AR and VR imaging technologies. Today, medical experts like interventional radiologist in Colorado can help by using these technologies to create a clear picture of the body, as well as visualizing various treatments and surgical methods.
- AI (artificial intelligence) is another one of the areas of technology that have experienced a major surge in its use this year. 2023 could well be considered the year of AI, and the field of health care has also benefited from that. AI can predict the results of clinical trials, speeding up research, and it can also lead to better structure in data analysis, creating a more complete profile for patients and preventing the onset of possible complications and diseases.
- Personalized medicine and the use of genomics has become very big as of late, with big data helping doctors prescribe highly customized medical treatments and drugs to all their patients.
- The 2020 pandemic has led to many changes in healthcare, including the introduction of remote care. This technology allows patients to receive care even when they live alone or are unable to visit their doctor.
- The development of special medical wearables is also in full swing. In 2023, patients suffering from diseases like diabetes can use these devices to get emergency care more efficiently than ever before.