Prostate enlargement, also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia, is a widespread health issue that affects men, a type of benign growth that appears on the prostate gland. While the issue is rarely related to malignancy, it has many symptoms, most of which are very uncomfortable. Fortunately, there are many ways to get benign prostatic hyperplasia treatment, so here are the symptoms that might indicate you have an enlarged prostate and you need treatment:
- The frequent need to urinate – one of the most common symptoms of an enlarged prostate is the almost continuous urge to urinate, even when the bladder is completely empty.
- Painful or difficult urination – the need to urinate frequently might be accompanied by pain experienced in the urinary tract, especially while urinating.
- Incontinence – another symptom of prostate enlargement is the inability to hold urine, a condition known as incontinence.
- Erectile dysfunctions – the prostate gland plays an important role in sexual function. Its enlargement often leads to problems experienced in sex life, such as the inability to get an erection.
- Frequent urinary tract infections – the enlarged prostate gland interferes with bladder function, making it impossible for the patient to empty his bladder completely. The process increases the risk of urinary tract infections, especially the bladder. There is frequent urination at night treatment Denver doctors offer that can help get you back on the right track, so don’t delay seeking help in this area.