Frequent urination is an issue that can affect anyone, both men and women, regardless of their age. The urge to visit the toilet frequently can be a symptom of many conditions, from urinary tract infections (common for both sexes), diabetes and diseases that affect the bladder to illnesses of the organs surrounding the bladder, such as prostate problems in men. What’s more, it can even be a sign of pregnancy. Depending on the suspected root cause, there are several specialists with ECCO Medical that can help you with treatment for frequent urination – here are some:
- Your primary care doctor – the first doctor to turn to for frequent urination is your primary care doctor, who will probably refer you to a specialist and will prescribe you lab tests as well;
- Urologists – these specialists treat both men and women and they provide treatment for frequent urination if the problem is caused by an issue related to the urinary tract;
- Nephrologists – these doctors diagnose and treat the conditions of the kidneys;
- Gynecologists – these doctors provide treatment for problems that affect the reproductive organs of women;
- Oncologists – frequent urination might be a side effect of radiation therapy or chemotherapy, cases in which the specialist to contact is an oncologist.